Initially, this project was envisaged to enable close cooperation and a win-win approach between universities, research centres, and Small Medium and Large enterprises in the field of magnetic refrigeration.
The ELICiT Project partners are a group of highly qualified industrial and academic research organizations that have been specifically affiliated to reach the project goals.
All partners have strong experience in publicly funded projects, both at a European and a national level, with high innovative and application capabilities, and are able to provide relevant contributions throughout the project.
The involvement of a balanced mix of small companies and large players in the field of magnetic cooling ensures a far-reaching range of available competencies. Furthermore industrial know-how is robustly backed by research institutes supporting the project development.
• Whirlpool Europe (industrial partner) will act as Project Coordinator thanks to its longstanding experience in managing complex projects as we ass publicly funded projects. Furthermore, Whirlpool Europe will guide the project development setting the requirements and the targets the magnetic refrigeration technology has to address in order to favour its rapid market uptake.
• Camfridge, Re/gent, TCS Micropumps and Whirlpool R&D and S.C.I.R.E will act as technology developers. They will bring to the project all the competences needed to further develop the technological components needed to make magnetic refrigeration a commercially viable technology (Camfridge, Re/gent, TCS Micropumps and S.C.I.R.E) as well as to guarantee the integration of the component into the final system (Whirlpool R&D).
• Politecnico di Milano will develop the lifecycle models to drive the optimization of the designed components and of the whole system along its entire lifecycle, enabling the consortium to make decision considering the total cost of the magnetic refrigeration technology in the different stages of their life.
• Cemafroid will bring to the project its relevant experience on standardization. It will validate the development of the project in terms of standards in order to have adequate data and information to favour the market uptake of the new technology.
• The International Institute of Refrigeration (IIR), a leading independent intergovernmental science and technology based organization, will ensure the project communication activities and dissemination of results to a wide audience. Additionally, the IIR Working Party on Magnetic Refrigeration will collaborate with Cemafroid during the standardisation phase of the project.
• PSU Tec, a well-known project management company with relevant expertise in the management of EU funded programmes, will support the project coordinator and all the partners in the management of administrative and financial aspects, in order to guarantee the compliance of the ELICiT Project with the administrative and financial guidelines of the European Commission.